White Goldens RI
Puppy Sales Contract
Buyer (s): ________________________________________________________
Address: ________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________
Phone No.: ________________________________________________________
Email Address: _____________________________________________________
Price of puppy: $____________________________________________________
Deposit Received: $___________________ Date Received: __________________
Remaining balance due $________________ Date Received: __________________
Description of Puppy or Dog: Breed: English Cream Golden Retriever
Gender: _____________ Date of Birth: ________________________________
Ribbon Color: ______________________________________________________
Sire: _____________________________________________________________ Dam:______________________________________________________________
FINAL PAYMENT MUST BE PAID IN COMPLETE IN ORDER TO PICK UP PUPPY
Our Guarantee Note to BUYER of GOOD FAITH:
All canines have the potential for genetic or congenital diseases. Due to the nature of the particular disease, unfortunately, the concerns cannot always be eliminated. It is the job of the breeder, through selective breeding, to try and minimize (not eliminate) these conditions – in good faith. Please read, to your full understanding, the following sections of this contract concerning any contagious or hereditary defects.
1. Breeder guarantees that the puppy has had proper care to date and has been examined by a licensed veterinarian. The puppy has received its first shots and been wormed at the proper times. Records will be furnished at the time of purchase. If the puppy is being shipped, such records will be with the puppy.
2. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase-excluding Sundays and Holidays-by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee. If the puppy is returned due to illness, a letter from the veterinarian is required.The Seller must be informed immediately of the examination’s result by email or telephone. Failure to comply will render this guarantee void.
3. Buyer agrees that this puppy is being sold as a pet and companion animal. The Buyer acknowledges that the application for registration of this puppy will be Limited as defined by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and this puppy is not being sold for the purposes of breeding. Limited Registration means no litters may be produced by said dog and if a litter is produced, it will not be eligible for registration. If said dog has been bred, this contract is void.
4. Buyer agrees that he/she will not sell, transfer ownership or possession of the puppy to any person or organization whose intent it is to resell (such as a pet store), trade, or give away the dog, or use it in any experiments, laboratory or otherwise or to use it as breeding stock for a puppy mill. Buyer also agrees this dog will never be surrendered to any humane society, animal rescue group or animal shelter. White Goldens RI will accept this dog that is unable to be cared for and shall assume ownership of, possession of, and responsibility for any such animal previously purchased from White Goldens RI.
________________Buyer(s) Initial Here
5. Buyer agrees to provide annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccines and annual boosters, regular deworming as recommended by their vet and follow all recommendations of vet in regard to proper care. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
6. In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy within one (1) year from its birth due to genetics, a moderate or severe elbow or hip dysplasia, or a Grade V/VI or VI/VI heart murmur, the Breeder shall refund purchase price or replace the pet with another of equivalent value at no cost to the Buyer within 120 days. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages. All conditions set forth in paragraph 7 shall apply.
7. The dog must be in good physical condition. In the unlikely event said puppy is found to have a congenital or genetic defect that is life-threatening, a statement from a licensed DVM’s (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) of Buyer’s choosing confirming such an event and cause is required before any action will be taken by the Seller. Seller reserves the right to a second opinion of Seller’s choosing to determine the congenital defect. All shipping costs are paid by the Buyer. All laboratory verification must be done by a licensed DVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. No replacement or refund will be given if breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysplasia are overweight or over exercised. Failure of the Buyer to provide puppy with timely or regular veterinary care will void this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any veterinary costs. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments. This guarantee does not cover any of the following conditions: intestinal parasites (i.e. Coccidiosis, Giardia, Tapeworms, Hookworms, Roundworms) Kennel Cough, Skin and Ear Mites, Cherry Eye, Allergies, and Inguinal, Perineal, or Diaphragmatic Herniation or Ichthyosis as this is dandruff and non-life-threatening. This guarantee does not cover any veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including undescended testes. You must feed the dog premium brand dog food containing at least 24% protein. This can be purchased through your local pet store or online. This dog must not be over exercised during its growth period. Over exercising is as follows: Track or treadmill running in any form of strenuous exercise. This can be a cause of hip and joint problems in large breed dogs. Although these disorders tend to be hereditary, poor diet, overfeeding, or improper exercising of a pup is a known contributor. The guarantee is void if there are signs of neglect, abuse, or injury to this dog. If the Buyer does not follow through with vaccination requirements and vet visits in a timely fashion, this guarantee is void. All of the above mentioned conditions must be met or all guarantees will be void.
The owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the seller. If within one (1) year from the date of purchase from Breeder, a dog is found by two (2) duly licensed Veterinary doctors to have congenital or hereditary disorders which adversely affect the health of the animal (grade 5 or 6 heart murmur) or moderately or severe elbow or hip dysplasia and if Breeder is notified within two (2) business days of the veterinarian’s determination, the Breeder will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value with the return of this pup to the breeder or refund up to the purchase price once Buyer has incurred this medically related expense. The Breeder and/or Seller are not responsible for any veterinarian fees, shipping costs or any other associated costs. Seller sells pet for companion purposes only. Seller does not guarantee against low-blood sugar (Hypoglycemia) or any other non-life threatening illnesses common to puppies. This contract is not valid outside of the United States.
8. If the Buyer declines the refund or replacement puppy, then the Seller and Breeder shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller and Breeder from all further claims.
9. In the case of moderate to severe elbow or hip dysplasia, the radiograph should be permanently identified in the film emulsion with: registered name and/or number, name of the veterinarian or hospital making the film, date of radiograph taken. Furthermore, the radiograph and report must meet OFA standard submission requirements.
10. Puppies are sold as pets; no guarantee is made as to disposition, conformation, size, weight, color, markings or breeding ability.
11. Buyer agrees to provide adequate housing away from the elements. The dog must mainly reside in the house and a fenced yard or kennel and adequate shade are required. Dog will NEVER be left on a chain or rope. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in the manner consistent with high quality animal husbandry.
12. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
13. The Buyer agrees to have the puppy spay/neutered at age recommended by vet but before one year of age.
14. This guarantee is non-transferable. In the event this guarantee is exercised, the registration papers must be returned to the Seller.
15. In the event of any litigation in connection with this contract, the Seller will be paid reasonable attorney fees by the purchaser. Venue and jurisdiction for litigation arising out of or related to this contract shall lie exclusively in Washington County or Kent County, Rhode Island. This is the total agreement between the seller and the buyer and no other terms or conditions shall be valid to this sale. The Buyer has read this agreement and agrees to the terms and conditions herein.
Seller: ___________________________________ Date: _________________
White Goldens RI
Buyer: ___________________________________ Date: _________________